You can read more about it on the RobotStudio blog:

http://www.abb.com/cawp/gad00540/eaaef7a78fb55034c1257c33007ee594.aspx?single=1

/Henrik

Henrik Berlin
ABB

Comments

• danielzdj
    Options
    Hello, on 5.60 isn´t working signal analyzer online. Is this problem only on my instalation?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, we felt it necessary to block Signal Analyzer Online due to a vulnerability in RobotWare, see http://forums.robotstudio.com/discussion/8381/signal-analyzer-online-requires-robotware-5-15-03-robotware-5-61-and-later#latest.

Kind regards,

Henrik Berlin

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • paul_gkn
    Options
    Should the robots be silver?!?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

The standard color of the ABB robots is changing from ABB Orange to ABB Graphite White. The orange variants are still distributed with RS but you need to browse the using Import Library -> Browse for Library.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • paul_gkn
    Options
    Thanks Henrik. Why the change?
  • DaveX
    Options
    Henrik
    Is this just a new features release? The release notes do not mention any bugs being fixed. I was hoping it would address the System Signal configuration preventing Robot Studio from syncing with the Robot if some signals are used such as MotorsOn, MotorsOff, and MechUnitNotMoving. This also prevents Robot Studio from restoring a robot from a backup unless the system signals are deleted from the EIO file. This results in not being able to make changes offline and syncing the changes to the robot. This bug was elevated to the Factory back in late October.

How soon can we expect a bug release?

Thanks,

Dave
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

There are quite a few issues fixed in 5.60 indeed. There is list of fixed PDDs in the Release Notes. The local ABB offices in each country report PDDs for bugs that customers experience. The PDDs are handled by our product support team that pushes them to RnD for resolution. If you ask your local ABB Robotics representative for the PDD number of the problem you have reported I can check its status.

In response to the question about the color change: After 40 years in orange we are now entering an era of robots collaborating with humans and so we are taking the opportunity to introduce a new Dynamic Design concept to reflect the new era. And the new Graphite White color has been adopted as it is already a standard across a wide range of other ABB Products. In the short term (until end 2014) the delivered robots will remain available in orange.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • DaveX
    Options
    Thanks Henrik,

I had only looked at the release notes listed on the website and not the pdf located in the download. Here's the PDD#: PDD2875. My support here in the USA has been unable to get much of a response from the Factory on it's status.

Thanks,

Dave
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Dave,

I looked at the PDD and the recommendation is to re-configure the EtherNetIP bus to use a virtual bus instead, see picture below.

Alternatively, you can 'virtualize it' on a unit level, see below:

The PDD is closed, since it is not considered to be a bug. I guess the reason is that it hard to automatically virtualize it in the virtual controller since specific IP adresses are used in the configuration.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • DaveX
    DaveX
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Henrik,

Thanks for looking into the issue but I think there is some confusion. I am not trying to virtualize the robot, my problems were while I was connected to a real live robot. The robots have since shipped and are in production at my customer's site. The Ethernet/IP is communicating to a Rockwell Compact Logix PLC, these system signals do work on the real robot. I think there is a confusion between American tech support and the factory as my support contact had mentioned it being a problem with a virtual controller. I think my support contact understands this but for some reason the factory does not.

That's news to me that factory has chosen to close this PDD without a complete understanding of the issue.

I consider this a bug since it prevents me from syncing between RobotStudio and the real robot as well as being able to load the robot into Robot Studio from a backup without deleting these system signals. If Robot Studio needs to treat the Ethernet/IP as a virtual network for simulating in RobotStudio that is a completely different issue.

Dave
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the confusion. I have asked the support team to re-open the PDD.

Kind regards,

Henrik

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • fvadnais
    Options

Hi Henrik,

is there a way to disable the "new version" updater somehow?

There is a Windows pop up and also the RS Output Windows that give a link to download and install a new version.

As I'm installing (ghosting)  and running  RS in classrooms, I prefer not to have this feauture available for students.

Regards

- Francois
  • danielzdj
    Options
    Hello, is normal that I can´t open station created (or opened and saved) from RS5.6 in RS.5.15?
  • sanyaade
    Options
    Hi everybody,

It is a nice package and an excellent programming environment.

My problems is that I will like to use it in some of my programming classes to teach robotics and expose my students
    to this environment but we currently do not have any of the ABB robots. My College is saving up to buy a small one for £10000
    but then funding keeps shrinking every year. We are an FE college in North West London.

Can we use RobotStudio to control other servos or smaller robots?

Any pointer, hint or direction will be very helpful.

Many thanks!

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
    Sanyaade

• Flobot
    Options
    I've recently upgraded to 5.60 and realized the auto configuration has changed how it runs from 5.15 and is painfully slow, somewhere in the vicinity of 50 mm/s. I have 4 mm tool paths across the entire work piece so it takes forever. Is there any way to increase the speed of the auto configuration??
  • riva_tnt
    Options

Hi Henrik,

Where can I download the External Axis wizard for RS 5.60? I have install the External Axis Wizard for previous version but It not work in RS5.60.

Please help.

Thank you.

Din
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

You can download the 5.60 version from RobotApps, https://robotapps.robotstudio.com/Details.aspx?fileId=491

Note that you must uninstall the old version before installing the new.

Kind regards,

Henrik

Henrik Berlin
    ABB