RobotStudio event

Programming IRB 6400 M96

Options
I'm newer programming in ABB robotics (i have some experience in FANUC welding systems) and my first project consist in a handling system with a IRB 6400 M96 robot.

I'm working with robotstudio 5.11.02, and i have some questions.

I know robotstudio 5.11 don't have support to this controller but, if i make some programs with this version can i use them in the robot?

I have a problem with the battery (don't charge), i need to replace the battery, when i replace the battery i lost the system? i need the system disk?A?

Exist some document that list the diferences between the instructions of RAPID in RBS 5.11, and RAPID instructions for the S4 controller?

Thank you for your help.
Best Regards,
Agustín Sánchez
Inemur, S.L.
Programming robotics since 2007.

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    Hi,
    The rapid code is the same for S4 and IRC5, except for some new instructions in IRC5 that not exist in S4. But the IRB6400 mechanism does not exist for IRC5, so you will not find it in RS 5.xx. The most similar robot mechanism in RS 5.xx I think is IRB6400RF.

You can compare the "Rapid Reference Manual" for S4 and IRC5 to see what differ. However is the configuration files (I/O configurations etc.) different in IRC5 compared to S4.

Regarding the system disk should you ask your local ABB office for support.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • agussan
    Options
    Thanks a lot Anders for your answer. For me is very important the support of this forum.

Best Regards,
    Agustín Sánchez
    Inemur, S.L.
    Programming robotics since 2007.

• Thanks a lot Anders for your answer. For me is very important the support of this forum.Keep it up good work.