RobotStudio event

RSO Line numbers

Hi,

one major problem in RSO is that when getting an error msg it shows the line number in which the error happended, which is fine, but the editor window has no line numbering. So counting line numbers all the day gets very annoying. So please give us line numbers in RSO editor!

Another thing is that we always have to scroll down a men? to get write access to the controller. Please give us a button for this in the toolbar (and some more often used functions like new module, backup and the like, there is enuff space in the toolbar left)! BTW, the toolbars don't remember their visibility status when quitting RSO.

All the best,

Lohengrin
All the best,
Lohengrin

Comments

• In the lower right corner of RSO will you see the line and column numbers.

If you right click on the system icon in the Robot View Explorer can you get/release write access.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • But I like to have line numbers like in FP, so it should be possible also to have it in RSO this way. And using right-click to get write access mean the same as using the menu: two mouse clicks. It would be so much easier with an icon.

I was out in the field the last three weeks to get three 6600 running in a real world cell and I used getting write access dozens of times a day. It was really annoying to use the menu or pop-up for this, so I still like to have an icon for it.
    All the best,
    Lohengrin
  • I can not promise anything about the line numbers, but in the next version of RSO (comes with RobotWare 5.07)will it be an icon in the toolbar for write/release access. image
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • Very cool image
    All the best,
    Lohengrin
  • Hi everyone.

5.06: line numbering is located in the statusbar.

5.07: line numbering is non-existing due to the switch to a new GUI framework.

5.08: line numbering will be re-implemented.

Hope this helps,

Johan.

• Thanks, Johan, this helps as soon v5.08 is out. What new GUI framework do you use in the next versions?
    All the best,
    Lohengrin
  • [QUOTE=Lohengrin]Thanks, Johan, this helps as soon v5.08 is out. What new GUI framework do you use in the next versions?[/QUOTE]

Hi!

In 5.07 we made the switch to the same framework bigbrother RobotStudio uses which is .NET based. We also reworked menus and such so everything now is more logically placed.

Regards,

Johan.