RobotStudio event

Running A Simulation Over The Network

Options

Hello All,

I am having a problem running virtually every simulation I do on a PC that the simulation was not originally created on. (Ex: I do the simulation, save it to the network, and someone else wants to run it on their PC) I usually create my entire station on my hard drive and a seperate folder called "Controller" where I place all my controller items in. When I am complete I copy the entire system including the controller on the network. For some reason we can't get the station to run on other pc's and when we are lucky we are able to open it, only it crashes and corrupts the entire simulation. Is there a way I can create the system on my hard drive and have others access the simulation over the network?

Eric "$"

Comments

• Dear Eric,

There are some limitations when it comes to copy and move systems from one place to another. The limitations are due to some hardcoded paths in the controller. These paths may not be true if the system is started from another location. This limitation is stated in the release notes (found on the RobotStudio installation CD).

Workaround and recommended method of working: Make a backup of the system that you want to move. Create a new system from the backup ("Create from Backup") at desired location, start it and restore the backup.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

To cold start a system might also resolve the problem, but make sure that the paths in the program.id-file are correct. This file is located in the INTERNAL folder of the system.

Kind Regards
    Fredrik

Fredrik Syr?n
    Program Manager
    ABB Automation Technologies