RobotStudio event

Simulated IO

Options

Hi guys,

Shouldn't we be able to simulate an IO in auto-mode? I mean when I try to access the IO screen of the teach pendant to switch my simulated IO from ON to OFF or the opposite it says I can't do that in Auto mode. image

It would be great for testing programs if we could.

I have workarounds but I thought that simulating IO was created to be able to do exactly that.

Thanks,

Jet

Jet,
Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)

Comments

• Lohengrin
    Options

Hi Jet,

maybe you like to check the thread "How to use I/O-Sim?"  where I also had a problem with simulated io, so hope it helps.

Lohengrin2006-4-15 19:35:2
    All the best,
    Lohengrin
  • Jetman
    Options

Thanks Lohengrin,

However I posted my message in the wrong forum. It's not a problem of simulating IO with Robotstudio, it's using the real IRC5 teach pendant to simulate IOs. I didn't find a IRC5 forum so I thought it was here. In my case the IO is also set to ALL but it doesn't help. Seems from what I've heard that simulating an IO has been created to do that in manual mode only and if you try to access the window it tells you that you can't in auto mode.

You can simulate an IO to 1 and then put the robot in auto but you won't be able to change it while it is in auto. Which make debugs less convenient.

Thanks,

Jet

Jet,
    Janin Delorme, Ing. (P.Eng)