RobotStudio event

Aligning Targets

Options

When I create targets on a part without a robot and in wobj0, I can set the targets normal to the part and align them. When I create targets on the same part without a robot and in a proper work object, the targets can't be set to normal at all to the part. When I bring in a robot, I can't set the targets normal to the part in either the robot's wobj0 or other work object. What's going on? I'd like to be able to create the targets from the vectors, align them, and have all the targets be in a workobject that I can define in real space.

I have an Acis (.sat) file of a part with a bunch of vectors in it to show where holes are for drilling and their direction. I also have the tool that's going to be holding the part in the same simulation. Later I also brought in the robot to test other possible work objects.

Lisa Cardon
Saving the world from the scum of the universe.

Comments

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately is it a bug in RS 5.07 so if the workobject not have the same orientation as the RobotStudio world will the function "Set Normal to Surface" not work correctly.

This problem is solved in the next version of RobotStudio (5.07.01).

A work around is to create and align the targets in a temporary workobject that have the same orientation as the RobotStudio world. And then move them to the "real" workobject.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics