RobotStudio event

Signal Analyzer Online requires RobotWare 5.15.03, RobotWare 5.61 and later.

Options

A recently discovered vulnerability in RobotWare may cause the robot operation to be affected when using Signal Analyzer Online from RobotStudio. RobotWare versions affected are 5.15.01, 5.15.02 and 5.60. (The feature Signal Analyzer Online was introduced with RobotStudio 5.15.01 and required RobotWare 5.15.01 or later.)

To prevent any unexpected behavior of the connected robot, the Signal Analyzer Online in RobotStudio 5.60 has been changed to require RobotWare 5.15.03, RobotWare 5.61 or later, where the vulnerability has been fixed.

The current plan is to release RobotWare 5.15.03 by the end of the year 2013 and RobotWare 5.61 in Q2 2014.

It is not recommended to continue to use signal Analyzer Online in RobotStudio 5.15.01 and 5.15.02.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we felt it was necessary to block the Signal Analyzer Online to prevent any unexpected behavior of the robot. One of the most important requiremenets for RobotStudio and RobotWare is that the robot operation shall not be affected by a connection to RobotStudio unless explictly demanded by the user.

Kind regards,
Henrik Berlin

Henrik Berlin
ABB

Comments

• sturner
    Options
    The online monitor for virtual controllers automatically starts and stops recording when the simulation is played... I would be nice if there was an optional auto start /stop  recording for the online real controllers program. this is only important to me when measuring total power consumption and cycle time and I need to be quick with the button to start stop the recorder. )

Any developments here?
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. We have been discussing this requirement but not yet implemented it. It would certainly be a useful function but it is currently not scheduled for a particular release. If the demand is high we may implement it earlier.

Kind regards,

Henrik

Henrik Berlin
    ABB