RobotStudio event

TCP Trace

I have a robot with multiple TCP's.  When I turn the TCP trace on, it is tracing tool0.  I select active tool on the one I want and it doesnt seem to make any difference.
My taught paths are definately using the correct tools and not tool0.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Marc,
    Does the tool exist in the station (Paths & Targets)? RAPID and station data must be in sync for TCP trace to work correctly in this regard.

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Thanks, I'll look into that.
  • It does look like that is the problem, however no I dont know why its not syncing correctly - nothing seems to be going across...
    I just upgraded to the latest RS version (6.04) and still no luck.
    The robot is running version 5.15.2005.02, so I dont know if that is part of the problem.

• The Trace seems to only work when playing a simulation. To see trace when running from the FlexPendant or RAPID editor, you must uncheck the 'Automatically start execution of selected tasks' simulation setup. The controller seems to go into Auto when simulation is started but you can switch to manual and the trace will work when jogging etc.
  • sturner
    sturner ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Whatever Tool is active in the station when you press the simulation button with be the one it traces with, if you want to trace from another tool, you will need to stop the simulation first and then change the tool and restart the simulation.
    The tool in the station seems to take the priority with regard the trace.
  • It should trace the tool that is used in the RAPID instruction, as long is it also in the station. It seems there might be a bug where this does not work in all cases.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics