RobotStudio event

Accessing S4C+ Controller through Robotstudio online

Options

Hi,

I have a Robotstudio Version of RS 6.01.01 and trying to connect the S4C+ Controller but I am not able to establish the connection.

I have changed my PC IP to the controller IP and can Ping with the controller system, but I cannot access the system through Robotstudio.

Is there anything I need to install for RS to work.

Also I need to get the hyperterminal files during Startup of the robot and what is the procedure to get these files.

Thanks

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It doesn't work with S4C/S4C+ controllers.  You can use an FTP client to connect.  I use Filezilla.
    Lee Justice
  • Mathew
    Options

I have tried to connect through Filezilla, other FTP client, but I can't access..Am I making any mistake?

I have changed the following:

I.P : 192.168.125.1

Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.240

Default Gateway : 192.168.125.81

in my PC LAN connection : (TCP/IP).

and then tried to connect...but still its not connecting..

Is there any other way of doing it?

• graemepaulin
    edited July 2017
    Options

Are you trying to connect through the service port (the connection on the front of the controller)?

This is dedicated for other tasks, you should configure the LAN address and plug into the LAN port (on top of the main computer).

You will have to do an X start to configure the address of the LAN port.

Also you can not use anonymous login - it does not matter what you put in for the user ID and password but it can not be blank.

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you make YOUR PC's IP address 192.168.125.1?  That is the main computer's IP address, if I recall correctly.
    Lee Justice
  • graemepaulin
    Options

Good point the information I have is the service port IP address is 192.168.125.81 so you can not use that address for the LAN port or your computer.

Subnet is 255.255.255.240 (as you have above).