RobotStudio event

ABB IRC5 Dual Controller - Error 20474 - SC-1,SC-2 IO Supply Failure

Options

Hi guys, I have a IRC5 with Dual Controller but get a General System Failure saying that my SC-1 and SC-2 don't have 24V supply. My question is, where is that SC-1 and SC-2 installed in the cabinet and where can i measure voltage to see if the module has a faulty connection or just a faulty module.

Thanks!

Comments

• Ricki
    Options
    Your controller is equipped with Safemove option and when the controller is brand new you have to connect 24VDC to the Safemove card, before you can move the robot. You can find the safemove card (Location name: A44) on the right side wall in the controller behind the axis computer board (Location name: A42). The pins that needed to be connected is -X11:1 (24 VDC) and -X11:2 (0 VDC) on the green busbar. After you have connected the wires you have to restart the controller. This procedure you have to do to both controllers. You can find the circuit diagrams for the controller in robot documentation/circuit diagrams/Robot controllers/IRC5, drive system 09. The safemove card connections you can find on side 72.

BR: Ricki

• JSkulski21
    Options
    Hello Ricki,

We have been running into the same issue, getting the 20474 SC-1 IO Supply Failure notification upon starting up our controller.  We have located the x11:1 and x11:2 pins on the safe move card A44.  When looking at the circuit diagrams in the manual, it appears that the power supply should be coming from the A42 axis computer board from location XP2.  When searching through our controller, we have been unable to locate XP2 on the A42 axid board.  
    What location should the power be coming from, to supply the safemove card?  
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  • I think you are referring to the splitter plug that is shown on the top left hand side of page 66 - plug XS1 on the A42 axis computer.

The I/O 24VDC can be supplied from any of the controller 24 VDC connections (should be connectors on the door, also the power distribution board  customer I/O - connector X4 on page 60). Note if the safety system which is connected to the SafeMove I/O is supplied from a different power source you should use that source for the SafeMove I/O also - please refer to the SafeMove manual for more information.