RobotStudio event

IRB 1400 on Robotstudio?

Options
Hi, my company just bought an irb 1400 but it does not appear in my Robotstudio version (6.02)
Is there any way to add it to the library? If not, where can I download an older version of Robotstudio to work with it

Comments

• ko414du4
    Options
    Is it IRB 1410? I have it on RobotStudio 6.05. Try downloading RobotStudio 6.05 if that's the one.
  • sch
    Options
    I think that 1410 won't work.

• This is an old S4 series controller which is not supported in the current RobotStudio - so you can not use any of the IRC5 configuration files or RAPID program features (that is you can only use the RAPID commands that are available in the S4 controller).

The IRB1410 is essentially the same robot however as the IRB1400.

• robasrobcan
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When updating the RobotStudio Version, I always copy the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotStudio x.xx\ABB Library\
    from the old RobotStudio folder to the new one - WITHOUT overwriting anything - so I leave the new files there and put in old files.

In there (subfolder "Robots") I found these:
    IRB1400_5_144__01.rslib
    IRB1400H_5_128__01.rslib

So I think in older RS-Versions there was support for this Robot. I can´t add this to a empty station via "ABB Library" in RS 6.x, there is only an 1410 - BUT when I user userlibrary and search for it, it puts the robot into the station. (With the old orange style)

When trying to build a new robot system out of layout I can use RW <= 5.61 but not RW 6, so I guess it was only supported untill RW/RS 5.61. Maybe you can get your hands on an old RS Installation.

In your case I would just phone with the frienldy ABB-Support-Team and just ask for an old copy with integrated 1400´er!