RobotStudio event

Require Tech to Login to clear Error I put on teachpendant

Hello,

So I have the IRC5 controller here and am looking at having the only three techs here use their login to clear an error that I put on the teach pendant.

We have to change our saw blades out every 1400 parts. At 1400 parts I send an error write to the teach pendant and request the blade change to occur.

What I want is for the tech to use their personal login to "Acknowledge" the error and therefore clear the error to allow the robot to start up again.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thank you so much a head of time and may God Bless,

Joey

Best Answer

Answers

• You could use UIAlphaEntry and compare the input to match one of the three logins before letting the program resume.
    Lee Justice
  • Hi Lemster68,

So I looked through all of the manual examples and such with UIAlphaEntry yet I am still unsure how this works. May I please get some more information or perhaps an operational example?

Thank you so much,

• Thank you so much. I actually have it somewhat working now, thanks to your help. the only issue I am having right now is the DIBreak and the use of \break in the same line of code. I will research that more before I come to the forums.

Thank you once again for your help.

• Di Break is optional, you don't have to use it.  If you want it to wait forever, \Maxtime:=MAX_WAIT.  (Actually about 93 days.)
    Lee Justice