RobotStudio event

User Authorization on VC?

Has anyone else had UAS problems on the VC?  For some reason I am not able to create a program: "You are not allowed to perform this operation, talk to your system administrator if you need access."

Any ideas?  I can't edit UAS permissions for a virtual controller...I thought DefaultUser is all there was on the VC?

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• Unfortunately this is affecting every VC I run, including the template systems.  Any help would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Dan
  • The fix for my issue was deleting the UAS files here:

C:UsersmyuserAppDataRoamingABB Industrial ITRobotics ITRobVC

...I still have no idea why this suddenly started happening.

Dan
  • Have you been working with the UAS XML files separately?

Some background information:

The infrastructure for UAS is still present on the PC, but there is no user interface to configure it for VCs. There are several reasons for this: (1) we see no need for an authorization system for a VC (2) usability (don't make things more complex than they need to be), (3) users got into trouble by accidentally removing their access rights when this was available for VCs in RobotStudio Online 5.10 and earlier (4) the current design implies one configuration per "hardware", (PC or RC), but for a PC this is not relevant. In the Offline-case you would like to have one UAS configuration per VC, but that conflicts with the UAS design on the RC which is for valid for all systems residing on the controller cabinet (i.e. outside the system).

Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • Henrik,

I haven't been manipulating these files manually. Could it be related to the fact that I was using a vcconf.xml file to enable remote VC capabilities? Maybe someone on our network was able to change UAS settings on my computer this way. Or there was a conflict with a real system having the same name as my VC? Backups don't contain UAS info do they (I did restore a real backup to a VC)?

In any case it's fixed.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Dan
  • Hi!
    I tried but could not find any info about the contents of Vcconf.xml file to enable remove PC Interface access to VC.
    Could you please share Vcconf.xml file?

Thank you in advance!