RobotStudio event

Safe Move Decommissioning.

Options
Hey Guys,I was wondering where i could find some documentation on removing safemove from an irc5 controller.I'm not using it at my plant and would like to take it out of the software and take the extra board out of the controller, as it's just more things that could go wrong.

Best Answer

Answers

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rebuild the system, remove the safemove option while rebuilding it.  I suppose you don't have to physically remove the board, just disconnect power and connectors.
    Lee Justice
  • David_H
    Options
    Right, but if i rebuild the system i will lose all the programs i have right? unless i do a back up before and then restore it? 
    With that being said, if i do restore it. It wont put safemove back on right? 

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It would probably error on restore, because the system will no longer match.  You would need to load all your syspars back in manually and load all your modules back in manually as well.
    Lee Justice
  • Rui_Marcelino
    Options
    Hi
    You have two options:

Before you start, make sure you have a backup.
    Might also be a good idea to backup the program manually (all the modules and config files).
    Note that the Safety configuration DOES NOT come with the backups so you might want to take a backup of the current safety config using RS and SaveMove visualizer.

Option a)
    If you have the UAS grants to change Safety configuration (if you are admin):
    Leave the SafeMove controller as is (wired). 
    Connect to the controller with RS and use SaveMove visualizer to reset the safety configuration (load new and save).
    Apply safety as usual (Reload, Apply, Validate and Synchronize).
    No need to load any backup.
    The system should now be working with no safety configuration active.

Option b)
    Remove the SafeMove controller and any wiring.
    The system is supposed to run free of any safety configuration unless you have Rapid code that is looking at specific safety IOs.

Note:
    In principle, you can rebuild the system and load the backup without problems as the the Safety configuration DOES not come with the backups. Same for the UAS or the Vision Jobs.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Rui
  • David_H
    Options
    Ok perfect! Thanks a lot!!!!
  • Rui_Marcelino
    Options
    Sorry, 
    Option b) is probably incorrect!

You probably still need to:
    Connect to the controller with RS and use SaveMove visualizer to reset the safety configuration (load new and save).
    Apply safety as usual (Reload, Apply, Validate and Synchronize) even if it is an empty config.
    Only then the controller can be removed if desired.

So if you don't have UAS rights, I guess a System rebuild is the only option?

• David_H
    Options
    I did take the Safe move certification but it was a while ago. I also cant seem to find the usb stick with the manuals i was given. Could either of you guys link me the PDF to removing the safemove from the controller?