RobotStudio event

Error while trying to define tool center point on FlexPendant

Options
Hello
I'm trying to define new tool center point on FlexPendant in RobotStudio. I have created new tooldata and set mass of the tool to 1. When I try to define TCP from 4 points and click OK I always get error message "Unable to calibrate using current positions". For each of 4 points I change tool rotation while having tool tip in the same position. Anyone knows why I'm getting this error?

Comments

• lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using also X and Z?  If so, the X offset and Z offset must have the same orientation as point number 4.
    Lee Justice
  • Anchorage
    Options
    I'm using method "TCP (default orient.)". Orientation of tool tip is the same as robot’s mounting plate. I tried various number of points (4,5,6 and 7) but I still get the same error. What coordinate system and tool should I select in jogging window?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither coordinate system nor tool should matter.  If it was a real robot, I would suspect the calibration was off.  Do you have the right robot model selected?
    Lee Justice
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait, I see that you said you are changing rotation, only "z" reorient?  No other reorients?  That would be the problem if such is the case.
    Lee Justice