RobotStudio event

Virtual FlexPendant is blank

User1179
User1179
edited August 2018 in RobotStudio

When i start my virtual [FlexPendant] controler in a station, is show the whole [FlexPendant] controller, but main screen is total blank.

I just uppdated my computer to Win10 and istalled the latest version of RS, but my coullege have all options set i mine, and his RS VC work just fine.

Any sugestions please, need to have it working soon

[Title and some text edited by Mod to correctly represent the issue at hand, in order to help other users with simular questions.]

Post edited by Maxim Riabichev on

Comments

• Hello,

Could you provide some screenshots or perhaps a recording of your screen?
    Also, you could try to use the included RobotStudio Support tool to get access to logs, to see if there are some errors in them that could help troubleshooting this issue.

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer
  • I can see the whole contoler, but as you can see, the screen is total blank.

Error message is

"Controller RobotWare version not supported by IO Configurator, RW version 6.05 or higher is required 2018-08-02 07:56:19 General" 

Dont know whym cus my coullege has the same setup as i do. 

Can i download RW 6.05 on Zip from somewere??

• Hello,

The screenshot is not of the controller, but the Virtual FlexPendant :)

You can find the latest RW versions via RS -> Addins -> Choose RobotWare link just below the search box -> Choose the relevant version in the drop down to the right.

Maxim Riabichev
  • I installed 6.05, but i got 6.07, but the same error message occured again, after i restarted RS.

My guess is that something is missing.

• When you install the latest RobotWare, you need to recreate the station with the new RobotWare version. It isn't enough to just install it.

Try creating the station from scratch with latest RS and RW and see if the Virtual FlexPendant still shows up blank.

Maxim Riabichev
  • We see the same problem using robotstudio 2019 in a VDI (using Citrix XenDesktops) with robotware 6.10

The problem for us is that we use Citrix Profile Manager for roaming profiles. This system (as many other profile accelerators), use profile streaming to speedup logon times. So profile file data are only streamed when each file is used.

Well, in %LOCALAPPDATA% folder of the user  there is a folder that is %LOCALAPPDATA%\ABB\RobotWare\RobotWare_6.10.1039\vcbin with many dlls. It seems that flexpedant doesn't like the profile streaming. So if we select all .dll files in this folder and check property details (using rigth mouse button), the next invocation of flexpedant shows the rigth and not the blank screen.

We can resolve this using citrix GPO to force this files to be "always on cache", but with other streaming profile systems the solution can be other. For sure RobotStudio developers can bypass this problem changing the way thar flexpedant use to load the dlls, because we didn't see this problem with any other application with dlls in the profile.