RobotStudio event

Cannot draw temp graphics: "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute"

I've written an add-in that renders arrows (thousands of arrows) in an effort to find a way around this issue, but I can't seem to find any.  When running the below code the application will crash hard with a non-recoverable exception (also below).  It seems a little better in RS6.04, but will still occur.  I'm currently running RS 6.07.01 and RS API 6.07.01   Any help would be much appreciated.

The code looks something like this:
        private static void SendArrowsToRS()
        {
            int xLimit = 1000;
            int yLimit = 10;

float xStep = 0.005f;
            float yStep = 0.005f;

float nextX = 0;
            for (int x = 0; x < xLimit; x++)
            {
                float nextY = 0;
                for (int y = 0; y < yLimit; y++)
                {
                    var tail = new Vector3(nextX, nextY, 0f);
                    var tip = new Vector3(nextX, nextY, 0.1f);
                    nextY += yStep;
                    Thread.Sleep(20);
                    Station.ActiveStation.TemporaryGraphics.DrawArrow(tip, tail, 0.01, 3, Color.Black);
                }
                nextX += xStep;
            }
        }

The exception is below.  None of my code shows up in the stacktrace, this seems to be an internal exception as a result of the above code rendering arrows.

System.InvalidOperationException
  HResult=0x80131509
  Message=Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
  Source=mscorlib
  StackTrace:
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at RobotStudio.Services.Graphics.GfxTempModel.Update(Boolean force)
   at RobotStudio.Services.Graphics.GfxUpdater.UpdateGraphics(IEnumerable`1 gfxModels, Boolean forceRefresh, Boolean& needRedraw)
   at RobotStudio.Services.Graphics.GfxService.UpdateGraphics(IEnumerable`1 models, Boolean force)
   at RobotStudio.Services.Graphics.GfxUpdater.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at ABBInternal.StudioAppFramework.StudioAppFrameworkHost.Run()
   at RobotStudio.Program.Main(String[] args)

Comments

• I've learned that this problem is very intermittent.  The higher the number of temp graphics will increase the likely hood of this occurring.  I can also force the exception if I interact with the graphics view at any time (clicking or pan/zoom).  Please help!
  • This ended up being a threading issue...I was on a different thread.