RobotStudio event

RobotStudio Installer Issue (Windows 10)

Options

Hello everyone,

I’m having trouble installing RobotStudio_6.08.01 on my laptop and was looking for some help.

My laptop; Dell Precision 5520, Windows 10 Pro, Ver: 1809, OS Build: 17763.475

The situation I face is as follows; after selecting a complete install and starting the installation it will immediately end. I am presented with the following screen;

Initially I had a working copy of 6.07.01 installed, which was done last year, and I believe the computer was on Windows Ver: 1709 at the time. I also had RobView and the documentation software installed. In an attempt to get this version (6.08.1) installed I uninstalled all ABB software, but this didn't allow the installation to complete.

I enabled the Windows Installer logging and tried to figure out what it was getting stuck on. If you look at the attachment I’ve copied a small snippet of the log file from where it appears to fail. It seems as though the part of the installation that deals with the prerequisite software is failing.

“InstallShield 14:45:55: *** Prerequisites complete; return code -858993460”

“Action ended 14:45:55: ISInstallPrerequisites. Return value 3.”

Knowing this I attempted to install all of the software in the prerequisite folder for the installation. At least one item would run and not appear to show any completion window or error. I also noticed the .NET framework had a higher version installed (4.7.2, while it tried to install 4.7.1). Unfortunately the installation still didn’t work . I’ve also found that I am unable to reinstall 6.07.01 or install 6.08, as they present the same behaviour.

Does anyone have any advice short of reinstalling windows? I do not have a rollback available.

Zach

Comments

• Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Hi,
    If you have installed the prerequisites manually, you can try to install by launching the .msi file instead of Setup.exe. No guarantees though...

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • zt773
    Options
    Hi Johannes,

Unfortunately I have already attempted this, without success.
    I've also tried uninstalling every prerequisite that I could, then running the .exe.
    In these situations the behaviour remains the same.

Zach
  • zt773
    Options
    Update:
    For anyone who was curious, I ended up using the Recovery options in Windows to rectify this.
    I made windows reinstall while preserving my files. Of course I have to now reinstall all the software I had on this computer but at least I can use robot studio again.