RobotStudio event

How to change Virtual Reality Home Position

Options
I am using an Oculus headset, which works fine with RobotStudio 6.07.

There is a menu item "Home" in the "Teleport Group" which jumps to the so-called "Home position"
This home position is located somewhere above my robot root which is located at 0,0 in world coordinates.
How do I change the Virtual Reality home position? I want to have it somewhere 4 meters before the robot looking at the robot? So that I am standing in front of the robot.

I can see menu items for going up and down with my viewport, but no items to go backward/forward.
There is a a menu item "Walk" in the "Teleport Group" but I could not figure out how this works, maybe somebody could help with this is well

Thanks a lot, Ed.

Comments

• Anders S
    Options
    You can not change the Home Position, it is fixed at the RS world zero position. There is no backward/forward, if you would like to move a longer distance than you can walk physically you have to use the teleport (beam) function. "Walk" is used to walk up and down in stairs etc.
    Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • safari
    Options
    You can change Home Position by moving the layout .
    Go to Home tab and select layout in tree , then select MOVE icon in freehand location and move your layout  anywhere you want, this point will be your H.P.
    And then whenever you use VR and push HOME button, you will go to that point!

• safari
    Options
    edselby said:
    I am using an Oculus headset, which works fine with RobotStudio 6.07.

There is a menu item "Home" in the "Teleport Group" which jumps to the so-called "Home position"
    This home position is located somewhere above my robot root which is located at 0,0 in world coordinates.
    How do I change the Virtual Reality home position? I want to have it somewhere 4 meters before the robot looking at the robot? So that I am standing in front of the robot.

I can see menu items for going up and down with my viewport, but no items to go backward/forward.
    There is a a menu item "Walk" in the "Teleport Group" but I could not figure out how this works, maybe somebody could help with this is well

Thanks a lot, Ed.

Hello
    You can change Home Position by moving the layout .
    Go to Home tab and select layout in tree , then select MOVE icon in freehand location and move your layout  anywhere you want, this point will be your H.P.
    And then whenever you use VR and push HOME button, you will go to that point!
    Good luck!