RobotStudio event

Possible weldguide problems

Strange things are happening in the factory. Im starting to think that the robot is self aware..

anyhow, We had our current set to 220 in the weldata and everything was fine for months. Tracking and Gun distance worked like a charm up til last night.

The robot kept jamming in to the material directly upon Weldstart. so i did some reconfigs and ended up with a new current at 185 and now the robot keeps its distance correct.
Worth mention is that nothing have been changed. not in the FP or in the welding equipment. all have the same stats as before when it was working.

Someone have any clue what can cause such failure, its a change in current with 35? also will this work now or will it jump back to the state it was in before? guess ill have to wait and see :D

Comments

• Had to change values again this morning with another 20 :(
  • Silly question. Have you check all your connections.

Maybe supply details about your system setup. 
  • Where is the current sensor - could it be interference/induced current?
  • Most of the connection have been controlled, even the sensor. But no damage or loose connection. I also start to think there is some kind of interference from either the sensor or some cable along the way that is picking up signals from another stronger cable nearby. but i dont know where to start. the Station is 12meter long and there is many meter of cable so search trough 

Notice one thing when i weld that the ampere on welding equipment one vary between 210-245 amps and on the second robot the same weld is more stable. like between 225-245.
    That could be different distances to the seam, uneven spotwelds and surface perhaps. The technichians ive talked to want more to go on that just what ive been describing with the amp values in weldguide :( 

Running two  Fronius tpsi 500, two IRB 4600 and weldguide IV basic. They share "brain" so only one flexpendant.
  • graemepaulin
    edited September 2019

We had the sensor at the wire feeder as described in the manual, but were advised when we were having some seam tracking issues to move it to the weld return cable were it was clear of any other cables.

As it was not much work to trial it on the return cable we gave it a try and things were much better.

• okay, im gonna look into this today