RobotStudio event

RobotStudio2019 issues and resolutions

Options
ABB - can we have a specific forum for RobotStudio 2019 issues and resolutions????

Comments

• kschmid
    kschmid
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I start :  I am getting the error below. I have a previous install of 6.08 version
    License storage not initialized. Please reinstall RobotStudio.    3/07/2019 11:42:30 AM    General   ++

Wont let me enter network license

• Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Try executing
    RobotStudio.Installer.exe Install
    from an elevated command prompt. This will initialize a new license storage.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • Jari_V
    Options
    Hi,

I am unable to generate an activation key for RS 2019 through the internal license request site.

All I get is an announcement "Ett fel har upstått! No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx]

Any suggestions?
    Robotics Engineer, ABB Oy Marine and Ports
  • Johannes Weiman
    Options
    Jari_V said:
    Hi,

I am unable to generate an activation key for RS 2019 through the internal license request site.

All I get is an announcement "Ett fel har upstått! No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx]

Any suggestions?
    There is a problem with internet connectivity on the internal license server. I know it is being worked on but I'm not sure about the status.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • robiman
    Options
    is it possible to install/use  6.08 and 2019  together?

• Johannes Weiman
    Options
    robiman said:
    is it possible to install/use  6.08 and 2019  together?

Yes. Just make sure not to mix up the license keys as they are not compatible.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • ErikHagman
    Options
    I just ran in to a problem that when i load a station all parts loses its body. The parts shows up in "Layout" but nothing, except for robots, is shown in the view window, not even line sensors? 
  • Johannes,  I am getting the same error as kschmid posted above:  "License storage not initialized. Please reinstall Robotstudio."  Un-installing and reinstalling didn't work. 
    I also executed the command "RobotStudio.Installer.exe Install" from an elevated command prompt, as you suggested.  This also did not clear the error.

The error is on installations on our classroom computers:  Robot Studio 2019.1 was installed onto an image on a network VM and deployed to the PCs in the classrooms.
    (I installed it directly on my office PC and it runs without error.)

Any help would be appreciated...
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I seem to be unable to export a mechanism with more than 1 joint as an external axis, i need to make it a "robot" for that.
    I am using Robotware 6.09
    That will fail it with external axis wizard. Since it seem to have worked OK in this video form 2015 I would love to clarify if that is intentional/ a feature / a bug and how to get around it

Post edited by kschmid on
  • kschmid
    Options
    Just tried 6.07 and its working, wasted hours ..
  • javgm23
    Options
    I have the same problem that J_Leonard.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • kschmid
    Options
    Pretty please, this is expensive high end software. Is there no support at all?
  • Johannes Weiman
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This is not a support forum. For product support you need to contact your ABB representative.

There is a known problem with mapping/positioning of external axes with >1 joint that will be fixed in 2019.3, but I can't tell if that is what you're experiencing.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
  • kschmid
    kschmid
    edited September 2019
    Options
    OK, how do you see these kind of updates?
    Is there a bug log somewhere?
    Seriously, my colleagues already think I am bad at this because I always say: this doesn't work at all in robotstudio, this used to work but now it doesn't any more.
    I am just trying to get my job done somehow... The programming part is reasonable but the rest lacks documentation and openness to "not in the box" applications.
    Post edited by kschmid on
  • Liam
    Options
    kschmid said:
    OK, how do you see these kind of updates?
    Is there a bug log somewhere?
    Seriously, my colleagues already think I am bad at this because I always say: this doesn't work at all in robotstudio, this used to work but now it doesn't any more.
    I am just trying to get my job done somehow... The programming part is reasonable but the rest lacks documentation and openness to "not in the box" applications.
    Hi kschmid,

As Johannes mentions, to receive assistance with any technical issues that you experience with RobotStudio, please contact your local ABB (https://new.abb.com/contact-centers) who will support you with the issue.

Information about resolved issues in a particular version of RobotStudio can be found in the release notes which can be downloaded from the RobotStudio section on abb.com.

Best regards,
    Liam
  • k_schmid
    Options
    So no bug log?
    My experience with abb support does unfortunately remind me of Mr Kafka's writings. Weeks in after explaining the problem over and over we have no answer...
  • Has anyone had issues with getting the frame of work objects to show up in RS?  They are set to show but when I go to View then examine there is nothing there. I'm thinking that I shouldn't have upgraded to the new version yet because this wasn't an issue before.
  • JGMARIA
    Options

Hello J_Leonard.

I find this solution and I have tried it and it works.

1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\ABB\RobotStudio and delete the '7.x' folder.

2. Uninstall the RobotStudio software you have on your PC.

3. Go to https://new.abb.com/products/robotics/robotstudio/downloads and download the latest version of RobotStudio (2019.2).

4. Install RobotStudio 2019.2 and activate using your license key