RobotStudio event

Saving to Controller option in RS VC

Options
Hi.

I really like the option in the real controller, when it is connected to the pc in RS, to save a module to controller when you right click on the module.

Is it possible to add the same function to the VC within RS which will then save the module to the RS VC directory.

All my Part Modules is stored on the controller hdd and is only loaded when needed hence why the option is so likable on the real controller and when changes are made I need to either create relation or save the module on the pc and then load to real controller.

Answers

• The "Save Module As" dialog has a shortcut to the HOME directory of the VC:

Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • jmf
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I have been using the way you suggested and looking at quicker way to save modules to the VC "Controller directory" .

When connected to the Robot, just right click and select save to controller but on VC the option for save to controller grayed out.

Note the "Save Module to Controller" is not grayed out when RS connected to Real Controller and have full write access.

Note the "Save Module to Controller" is grayed out when using Virtual Controller in RS.

• "Save Module to Controller" saves to the remote file system on the controller which does not exist for a VC. 

I think it would be confusing to have two commands that do almost exactly the same thing - bring up a "Save As" dialog - only the starting directory would be different.
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics
  • jmf
    Options
    I agree with you it would be confusing but could also be helpful in some applications/users usages. Thank you for the reply.