Moving a robot based on new user work object

yu1988yu1988 Singapore
hi eveybody, now i currently doing a offset calculation of pallets which are arranged in a array order. (one row)
i have 4 pallet on a row.
1. create a new work object (wobj1) of pallet (x1,x2,y1) (based on wobj0 and using right hand rule). x1,x2 are point located on 1st pallet. while y1 is a point located on last pallet on a row. (because i want the distance cover the whole row)
2. verify x1,x2,y1 's position is accurate as possible.
3. choose wobj1. move robot from 1st pallet to last pallet in y-direction. 
4. Result: the robot shift a little bit in x-direction.
Does anybody have better idea or understanding about work object?

Comments

• graemepaulingraemepaulin New Zealand ✭✭✭
    You can rotate the workobject around the z- axis to remove the error.
    Most easily done via RobotStudio done via R
  • DenisFRDenisFR FRANCE ✭✭✭
    Hello,
    It's because Y point is on XY plan but not at X=0. So for your case you have to invert X and Y axes to calculate it. Then rotate it of 90° on Z and 180 on X.
  • lemster68lemster68 United States ✭✭✭
    You can ensure that that X is not caused by accidental deflection of the joystick by using the joystick lock for X direction.
    Lee Justice
  • DenisFRDenisFR FRANCE ✭✭✭
    @lemster68 : if his first container is not really orthogonal this make this error.
  • lemster68lemster68 United States ✭✭✭
    The other thing that you could do to verify is to make move instructions from 0,0, maybe plus just a little Z, to 0, 500 (or 1000 or whatever) in the workobject coordinate system.
    Lee Justice