RobotStudio event

Problems with virtual controllers

Hi all,
I've been having some issues with virtual controllers lately. In the example images I posted below, when I start the station, I get an error message that says one of the two controllers didn't start. The controller is not present in the controller list window on the left hand side of the screen - how do I recover from this? I cannot even seem to delete the controller from the project to try and re-import / re-point it back to the correct virtual controller directory. 

Also, I have some controllers that I need to rename. I have renamed virtual controllers in the past using this process:
  1. Open the station and turn off the virtual controllers
  2. Open installation manager and rename the virtual controllers
  3. Close RobotStudio
  4. Open RobotStudio and the station again
  5. RobotStudio produces an error stating that there are virtual controllers still running. Select 'YES' to stop them.
  6. RobotStudio produces an error stating it cannot find the controllers
  7. Manually point RobotStudio to the renamed controller directories
  8. Restart RobotStudio one more time
This no longer seems to work for me. The station still wants to connect to the old virtual controller names - even after I point it to the new, renamed directories. 
Windows did just put out an update that I am in the process of rolling those updates back. 
Has anyone else had to deal with this?
Is ABB working on an easier, smarter way to rename virtual controllers?
This has caused me an immense amount of wasted time.

Comments

• Hello there,

My apologies for the delayed response.

In regards to your first issue, I would need a Pack and Go of your station to do further investigation. If you are able to provide one, I will try to reproduce the issue and inform R&D if needed.

In regards to your second issue, you provided clear reproduction steps so I have been able to reproduce the problem. I will inform R&D about the renaming of controllers issue and ask them to think about making renaming of controllers less complicated/more straight forward.

Thank you!

Maxim Riabichev
    PC Software Support Engineer