RobotStudio event

Problem with track and conveyor working together

ArturoLopez
edited August 2020 in RobotStudio
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to program a station with a track, specifically IRB 5500 Elevated Rail, a simple linear conveyor, that conveys a bodywork, and the robot IRB 5500, and I want that all work together in order to perform different paths on the bodywork.
The problem is that the track and the conveyor move simultaneously in a forward motion, so when the robot finish the first path, it doesn't reach the next path, that is placed further behind, because it doesn't moves backward in order to have a good position to be able to reach the targets, it continues moving forward. The following picture is a simple example of the problem, the complete station will consist in many more paths.

Would be it possible that the track would move forward and bakward while conveyor is moving forward? I mean, is it possible that trak and conveyor work together but don't have coupled motion?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, it is possible.

Here is a tutorial on how to set up conveyor tracking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3e0-_KiiQ0

The rail does not complicate things too much and you can still set it up as in the video, just make sure you setup the connection between the robot and conveyor.

Nils Olofsson
    PC Software Support Engineer