RobotStudio event

RAP-Call description file [WebWare Server]

Options

Hey everyone!
I've come across some problems, when trying to access an IRC4 robot controller using the RAP Protocol and RPC. It seems like I am missing some kind of description file for the RAP C-calls, which is needed to generate the client and server stub for the RCP nodes. This is what the RAP Protocol says about the required file:
"The description of the RAP C-calls in this document-version is using a description filefor a tool which generates the Server and Client RPC-calls for the RAP-calls. The toolis called RPCGEN and is usually included in standard products for a development kitfor RPC."
So I have the rpcgen programm, mut i can't find this description file!! Maybe anyone has already faced this problem or knows someone, who can give me a little advice. Maybe I should use Webware to archieve the required coomunication to the robot controller.
Thx a lot! Joachim
Joachim38168,4956018519

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Hello Joachim,

What do you wish to do when you connect communications to the controller?

Products in the WebWare family encapsulate all of the RAP functionality, allowing you to focus on using the robot controller productively.

If you describe what you are trying to do, we can help recommend the best tools for the job.

Russell Drown