RobotStudio event

Using OPCServer writing Alarm&Events [WebWare Server]

Options

We try to write Alarm and Events from an OPC-Server into the Webware Database, but it is not working. We tested with your example in the documentation using the ABB A&E-Server and also Matrikon Simulation. Thze connection works fine and is displayed in the WWClient view.

I also checked with the SQL query analyzer, so I mentioned that realy no entries are done in the server. Is there any trick or any problems?

WWServer 3.2.317

Comments

• RussD
    Options

Hello Kevin

Could you clarify a couple of things?

We try to write Alarm and Events from an OPC-Server into the Webware Database, but it is not working.

WHich OPC server are you using?

We tested with your example in the documentation using the ABB A&E-Server and also Matrikon Simulation.

WHich sample are you referring to?

Thze connection works fine and is displayed in the WWClient view.

Are these records being written into the DB?

I also checked with the SQL query analyzer, so I mentioned that realy no entries are done in the server. Is there any trick or any problems?

I am working  on a sample application.

Russell Drown
  • Hello Russ, here are your answers:

Could you clarify a couple of things?

We try to write Alarm and Events from an OPC-Server into the Webware Database, but it is not working.

WHich OPC server are you using?

ABB Alarm&Events from Built-in Interklink,

Matrikon Simulation Server

We tested with your example in the documentation using the ABB A&E-Server and also Matrikon Simulation.

WHich sample are you referring to? Chaper 4, 4-61-> WWServerInstallation-Edit OPC Device Dialog-Alarms

Thze connection works fine and is displayed in the WWClient view.

Are these records being written into the DB? No

I am working  on a sample application.

Best regards Kevin.

• RussD
    Options

Hello Kevin,

I have investigated the issue you reported and I believe that it is a defect. I will create a defect for 3.02.0317 as well as 4.0 RC1 (see below).

Note that with Interlink 4.0 RC you should be able to create an OPC device on the same machine as WebWare Server that points to a remote OPCServer and receive its A & Es. THe opposite case also does not work correctly in 4.0.

Russell Drown