RobotStudio event

UAS on virtual controllers

Options

Hi

Why does the 'User Authorisation' apply itself to all virtual controllers when set up on just one virtual controller. any new Virtual controller created also inherit UAS settings.

How can I remove UAS from Virtual controllers.

Even though a 'user' was created with full access, in RSO I can't edit programs or use pendant viewer or manage UAS.

When attempting to log on as different user in RSO the drop down list does not show any users that are defined. The FP has the ability to log on as different user, but a full access does not appear to be available.

Any advise would be appreciated?...

FYI: I am using RSO and RW 5.09.02 and have most of the previous RW versions available in the media pool.

Comments

• sturner
    Options

The UAS problem is worse than I thought.

I am unable to even update a robots taskframe position within the station without getting a message that I am not authorised to do so. This happens even with template systems.

THIS HAS BECOME A MAJOR PROBLEM... WILL AN UNISTALL HELP?

• Anders S
    Options

Hi Sturner,

An uninstall will not help, but read this thread about how to reset the UAS settings in RSO: http://forums.robotstudio.com/forum_posts.asp?T ID=985&KW=UAS

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • sturner
    Options

Many thanks for the advice...

It worked !!!

A new UAS_USERS.xml is created with the origional 'default user' authorisation. I think this happens when VC gets restarted.

Any custom made 'users' are removed leaving just 'default user'

THANKS AGAIN !! image