RobotStudio event

IndCMove... not moving.

Options

Hi there,

I have a custom positioner (lathe) attached to a 6400R, and I have finally gotten the real machine and its virtual counterpart in RS to behave the same way, mostly. Both the actual and virtual controllers were built from the same backup, and I can jog my custom positioner in manual just fine.

The problem is that advanced motion functions such as IndCMove that work on the actual robot don't simulate on the virtual machine. The code acts as if the motion is happening, i.e., it doesn't pitch an error, but the axis does not turn.

It occurs to me that you're gonna ask if I have tested non-advanced external axis movement. No, I haven't, but I will do that next.

Any ideas?

DCH

Comments

• dchayden
    Options

Okay, I'm back.

Jogging the external axis between two consecutive MoveJs produced code in the virtual teach pendant consistent with the real thing... the trans and rot stayed the same for the two points, and the extax_a changed by the same amount as jogged. The simulation even showed the jog rotation in the extax.

HOWEVER, in test mode, the simulation does not turn the external axis, though it runs these points as if there is motion taking place. That is, the controller pauses as if executing the move.

• Anders S
    Options

Hi,

RobotStudio does not support independent move (see release notes). As you have noticed will the instruction be executed in the Virtual Controller, but the mechanism will not move in the station.

Best regards,
    Anders Spaak
    ABB Robotics
  • dchayden
    Options

Thanks, Anders.

My failure to grasp the obvious... again.

-DCH

This discussion has been closed.