RobotStudio event

QuickTeach

Options
Dear Mr Thomas,

I'm a newbie of ABB robot, we just installed a new robot system IRB4400 with RS Online 5.0 in my company and I want to use programming off-line to check syntax error of program, therefore I would like ask you some question as below:
1. For QuickTeach and ProgramMaker, which one is compatible with our robot system? and how to order them?
2. If these are free software, where can I download them?
Thank you for your support

kiet

Comments

• Henrik Berlin
    Options

Hi Kiet,

QuickTeach and ProgramMaker only support the previous generation of ABB robot controllers (S4, S4C and S4C+) and not the current IRC5 controller. For offline programming of IRC5, which is the controller you are using, I would recommend you to use RobotStudio which is designed to do exactly what you are asking for. It can be ordered through the same channel as the robot.

Henrik Berlin2008-6-2 16:30:9
    Henrik Berlin
    ABB
  • kiethnt
    Options
    My robot is using IRC5 controller and RobotStudio Online, but now we want to install one software more that can help us programming off-line on another PC. Actually, I know QuickTeach when I reading Manual book talk about this problem. Can we use Robot Studio Online to correct the syntax error of robot program? and Can we install this software to another computer? Anyway thank you for your reply.
    kiet
  • Henrik Berlin
    Options

RobotStudio Online is used when working towards a real controller connected through Ethernet. It has an editor in which you can work with RAPID, check syntax, and correct errors. To work with a virtual controller, you need RobotStudio.

RobotStudio Online does not require a license and can be installed on any computer. RobotStudio requires a license, and can be installed on the number of computers allowed by your current license agreement.

Henrik Berlin
    ABB