RobotStudio event

Interlink 3 / Interlink 4 - RESOLVED [WebWare SDK]

imageHi!

We got here Webware SDK3.2 running with Interlink3 on S4/S4C+ machines. The problem is, that we bought a IRC5 and we wish to use this robotcontroler also with our SDK3.2 programmfiles.

Is it possible to install webware3.2 with interlink4 on the same machine?

If not, am I able to use the S4 commands from the SDK also on the IRC5? Especially according to backup files and settings on a remote-pc using the SDK?

Could you provide me some informations?

thanx in advance

mathric38400,3202314815
--------

Comments

• Hello,

For IRC5 communication and development with Webware SDK, you need to upgrade the complete product to Webware SDK 4.0.

You will be able to use the same ActiveX controls with an IRC5.

For instance if you want to read a boolean from an IRC5, you would still use the S4ProgramBoolVarRead method.

AndersD38393,6659490741
  • Mr. Ren? Kirsten told us, that we could write our programms with SDK 3.2 and run it on a machine with InterLink4 installed (witch is free). The costs of an Update are too much for the benefit i think. Paying about 4000_ for an update just because you bought a new generation of robot-control is not the way we like to do.

In your opinion, is it possible to compile the program with sdk3.2 and run it on interlink4? Or am I and Mr. Kirsten wrong?

yours cincerly

Mathias Richter
    DaimlerChrysler AG
    Development/Robotics
    Germany

--------
  • Hello,

You should be able to run an SDK 3.2 application with Interlink 4.0 towards a S4 robot controller. However we do not guarantee that this will work fully for an IRC5 robot controller. For IRC5, we recommend WebWare SDK 4.0.

Best regards
    Martin Lundh
    Product Manager - WebWare
    ABB Automation Technologies

/Martin Lundh
    Product manager
    ABB Robotics
  • Okay, I'll try and report the results ...

thx and have a nice day

Mathias Richter
    DaimlerChrysler AG
    Development/Robotics
    Germany

--------