RobotStudio event

direct connetion through IP - RESOLVED [WebWare SDK]

Options

is there a possibility to directly connect to a robot via IP?

f.e. if you wish to dynamicly change the robots you connect? Or may i modify the interlink-settings via a control?

thx in advance

mathric38400,3187847222
--------

Comments

• 1. What type of robot/s are you using?
    2. Could you please describe what you are trying to accomplish? You can set the current robot alias (defined in Interlink Config) in your code by using the Robot property.

For instance: Helper1.Robot = "MyRobot"

AndersD38399,5422685185
  • Well, I want to create the aliases in the Interlink 3 / 4 (if needed) automatically.

Let's say we got daily updates for our robots in the intra-net (IP's). I supply a text-file with a list of the current abb robots to the PC's of our support-team @ production. The people there do not realy know how to set up the interlink propperly.

So I wonder if there is a possibility to use an by-code alias or better add aliases by code permanently. Webware supports DeleteAlias since 3.2 as far as I know.

Robots used: S4, S4C+, IRC5 with Ethernet Option enabled (robots are pingable)

Dev: VB6 with SDK3.2 and Interlink 3 installed

Dest.: PC with VB6-runtimes and installation of our app + Interlink 4

thx in advance

--------
  • Yes, it is possible to create a new Alias using the SetAliasCfg method of the InterlinkAlias Object. There is also sample code on how to do this in the SDK Help.

Goto Programs -> ABB Industrial IT -> WebWare SDK -> WebWare SDK Help (Interlink Alias Object, Methods)

• --------