RobotStudio event

RobotStudio cannot go into RAPID editor when online

Hi all,

I recently experience an issue with RobotStudio 6.03 (and 6.04 too now) that when I try to go online to a real controller, I can see the controller on the navigation panel but I cannot get to RAPID editor. It is just not available!! Normally you will have a dropdown triangle that you can navigate inside robot's task. But it's not available!! Help please... Note: I tried: re-installing RS 6.03, tried repairing it, even installing 6.04!! Nothing works.. so annoying!! (not happy!)
Tagged:

Comments

• If the controller is in Auto the program needs to be stopped before you can edit it.
  • graemepaulin said:
    If the controller is in Auto the program needs to be stopped before you can edit it.
    I can't even access the editor. RAPID part on the navigation panel cannot be expanded (no tiny triangles on it).
  • graemepaulin
    edited November 2016
    Just checking - you have connected to the controller?
  • techieme
    techieme
    edited November 2016
    Just checking - you have connected to the controller?
    Yes. I connect my laptop to the controller using the provided ABB cross-over ethernet cable. Nothing is wrong with the cable because RobotStudio can see it online but it DOES NOT have expandable triangle on the side where I can navigate through my RAPID modules as normal.

My colleague also had the same issue with his laptop with RobotStudio 6.03 previously but installed 6.04 and it cured it. I did the same and it worked for some time with RobotStudio 6.04 but now it does not! I wonder if this has anything to do with Windows Firewall or something??

• Did you ever find the solution to this?