RobotStudio event

Multimove without ethernet card

Options
hi all

This is my situation, we have in the university  two robots IRB-140 each one with one controller irc5 single cabinet and I want to do multimove but we don't have a drive module so I have disconnected  signal safety cable  and ethernet cable from one controller and have connected them to the second controller(thi) after that I can activate the robot. the problem is that the second controller doesn't have ethernet card  so there is only one port(AXC) to connect de drive module, I saw in this page http://developercenter.robotstudio.com/BlobProxy/manuals/SysParametersTechRefManual/doc7.html  this "If MultiMove is used, AXC is connected to a switch that connects to all the axis computers."  so I have connected a switch to AXC port  and  ethernet cables from drive modules to the switch  after  I start the  controller  this releases the event message 39525 Drive Module startup error. I don't know  how to fix it please someone help me.  

Comments

• graemepaulin
    edited November 2016
    Options

We have tried doing the same thing and found that if you use the ABB switch (part number 3HAC045976-001) it works.

Note you have to connect things in the correct order also (see attached) - the main computer axis computer port is connected to port 5 on the switch, the axis computer from the same cabinet is connected to port 1, and the axis computer in the second cabinet (where you are not using the main computer) is connected to port 2.

You also need to connect the safety signals up as per the attachment.