RobotStudio event

CordinateFile Addin

Options
Hello,

I'm new to RobotStudio.
I wanted to use the CordinateFile Addin, which is available to download on the ABB website.
first I was facing trouble with the .net frame version of the file. So i updated it to 4.6.1 in the visual studio.
The file is getting build, but I'm unable to load the Addin to Robot studio.

Please help me on this

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ajinkya

Comments

• John_Verheij
    Options
    Did you try these steps?
    • Execute the Build command in Visual Studio to compile the code and generate an .rsaddin file for the Add-In. This .rsaddin file is the responsible to make RobotStudio load the Add-In's assembly (the .dll file).

• Copy the .rsaddin file from the project directory to RobotStudio's Add-In folder, by default (depending on the version) this is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotStudio 6.03\Bin\Addins

• Load the Add-In in RobotStudio by navigating to the Add-Ins and selecting your Add-In from the drop down menu in the left panel. You will see your greeting message when the Add-In is loaded.

• Hello John,

Thank you for the help. I followed the step and it worked. After I load the Add-in,  I see the following message.
    I had successfully build the file in visual studio as well. 
    It would be a help if you would give me some insight on the same.

Thanking you in anticipation

• tpeebles
    Options
    Hi guys,

My name is Thane Peebles.  I am trying to use an Add-In that I believe is the same one you used.

To install the application, it says in the downloaded directions to do the following:

1. Extract the Add-In's assembly file (.dll) and the Add-In's file (.rsaddin) from the downloaded content.
    2. Locate the <Assembly> element in the .rsaddin and copy the .dll file of the Add-In to the directory that the <Path> element points to.
    3. Place the .rsaddin file in a directory that RobotStudio checks for Add-Ins, like C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotStudio\Addins.

When I try to look for the directory in the .rsaddin file, I don’t see any reference to a path.  This is all that is contained in the .rsaddin file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<RobotStudioAddIn xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="CoordinateFileImport.xsd"

autoLoad="false">

<!--DisplayName>My Add-In</DisplayName-->

<!--DisplayVersion>1.0.0.1</DisplayVersion-->

<!--Description>My Add-In description</Description-->

<!--Image>MyAddin.png</Image-->

<!--StartPage show="false"-->

<AddInType>General</AddInType>

<Assembly>

<FileName>CoordinateFileImport.dll</FileName>