RobotStudio event

Problem with RSOnline - can’t find robots

Hi,

I install RW5.07.4002 and RSOnline which come with it, and my problems started.

After installation I haven't been able to connect to the robots in the network. The service port 192.168.125.1 pings alright, so physically connections is OK. I tried ftp ... didn't work. ftp founds the robot, but did't get the connection established.

ftp problem was solved when I change the PASV on. so now the ftp connection is OK and working.

The RSOnline just don't found any robot in the network (however it founds all virtual controller from 127.0.0.1).

My first idea was that the firewall (McAfee) is blocking, but after checking it was turned off (also I check that windows firewall is off). I uninstall the the RSonline (and later also RW5.07.4002) and installed back the 5.07.1030 versions (actually several times to defalt locations, to different locations, etc.). For after one day playing around I even uninstall the firewall, but it didn't help.

I have try connection with two different IRC5 controllers (with RW5.07.4002 and RW5.07.1030). but with my laptop RSOnline (or RobNetScanHost.exe) don't found any robots in network (service port). ftp is working.

I have install (RW1030) to other laptop and I can get connection to the controller with RW1030. So the problem is now in my laptop.

In system builder - download to controller, there is test connection button, which answer that connection OK, but after pressing down load to controller it reports that connection is physically broken.

Physically the connection is OK (ping and ftp), also I don't have any other communication problems as I am writing this message with my laptop to all of you. Seem that RSOnline (or RobNetScanHost.exe) is somehow corrupted as it can't found anything from the net.

Do anybody ideas what is the problem or what I can do?

Is there way to clean the RSOnline/RW installation (registry and all possible settings and components) so I can try to reinstall to the clean laptop?

Does anybody have had similar problems?

Any ideas and help appreciated.

Mika

Comments

• Hi Mika.

Are you using WinXP? Disable Windows Firewall in control panel.

Check TCP/IP settings:

IP         &nbs p;  192.168.125.82
    MASK       255.255.255.240
    GATEWAY 192.168.125.81

If you have several network connections, disable the other ones.
    Use direct connection with cross cable to test.

Bye
    Claudio

• Yes, I am using XP (SP2) and as I told already Windows firewall is off.

I think those IP setting will work fine with S4C+ controller, but have nothing to do with IRC5? Anyhow the problem is not my connection setting, because ping and ftp is working fine.

I am connected directly to the service port (192.168.125.1) and either get the address automatically from the robot or explicitely set it to subnet of robot.

Problem is that RobotStudio Online don't find any robots from the network (expect virtual ones in my laptop 127.0.0.1).

At weekend I notice that also my RAB code don't find robots anymore. I mean NetworkScanner from namespace of ABB.Robotics.Controllers.Discovery

Mika

• Hi.

Last week I installed RW5.07.04.4002 in robot by RSO system build.

When I connected to robot by RSO(old version) before C-START, I could not connect to that. So, I installed new version of RSO and then success.

I'm not sure, but I think you need to check your RSO version.

In my case, I use XP (SP2) and firewall. FTP is FTP voyager.

No problem to connect to robot by RSO or FTP..

Tony

Tony Shin
  • Hello,

That you need to use PASV for FTP to make it work indicates that there is a firewall between your laptop and the controller. Strange... Check FTP without PASV and a direct cross cable connection to the robot. If you successfully turned off all firewalls, that should work.

When you say that FTP works, have you tried to transfer some large files, or just browsed? Sometimes FTP browsing, and ping, works even if there is a problem with the ethernet connection (at least it has happened to me).

Do you have a dedicted network adapter in you laptop for the robot service port communication, or is the same one that you use when reading this?

Do you have any antivirus installed? We have had some hard-to-repeata problems related to SymanTec Antivirus meddling with the TCP/IP stack on some laptops, even though it has not affected the discovery server (RobNetScanHost) before.

Magnus Larsson
    ABB Robotics development engineer
  • FTP seems to work OK, because I can move/copy files between  PC and controller. Because I can'tuse RSO now, I am using ftp to transver configuration files, programs, etc.

If I turn PASV mode off. the ftp voyager find the controller, but can't establish the connection propelly - hourglass will stay there for ever and the file window never get/update the file list.

I have check that my Windows firewall is off and I have unistall McAfee firewall. before my problems started the McAfee firewall didn't cause problems for me, but to be sure I unistall it.

I also have try (twice now) reinstall all ABB softwares. During uninstall process I manually delete all possible leftovers/ABB folders, etc. Right now I have exactly same software versions what I had before my problems started. 

The network adapter is same what I am using also for this connection. My other Local Area connection is disable always and when I need to use ABB sotfwares I have to disable my Wireless network connection, otherwise the ABB sw's don't find licenses.

I have McAfee Antivirus installed.

Mika