RobotStudio event

IRC5 Start at Main rejected

Options
Recently I'm getting more often into situation where when I want to home the robot via system IO 'Start at Main' I will get the above message (in the event log) 
Program stopped
Start rejected
Program pointer has been reset
Regain start
Regain ready
Program started
Start at main rejected
Motors Off rejected
Motors On and Start rejected

From here the only way forward is to cycle power to the controller. The program pointer is placed correctly at the beginning of main routine. The pendant is telling me the Motors are off, and the task is running. Trying to do run the system in manual via pendant, I get a message that a task is running, same message when trying to restart the system via the pendant. Connecting via robotstudio and trying to stop the task no response at all.

Any ideas..?

Comments

• tacnurt
    Options
    Do you have multitasking option installed?
    How many tasks do you have running?

Do you check the system outputs (program running or task executing) before you try to restart?
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I had something similar quite some time ago.  Push the stop button, no effect, still running.  Hit the e-stop button, e-stop state active, pendant still said running.  Problem stemmed from the PLC hammering the robot with system inputs, causing it to effectively freeze up.  Make sure that your system inputs are not happening like that.
    Lee Justice
  • CRom11
    Options
    Hi,
    no multitasking, so only one task running.

No, I'm not checking that, just stop and start at main. I'm no expert by any means, only inherited this project couple of weeks ago and I've seen it running OK, doing the restart several times a day, it's just now I'm seeing this issue.
  • CRom11
    Options
    Hi,
    no multitasking, so only one.

No, I'm not checking that, just stop and start at main. I've only inherited this project couple of weeks ago and this was all working correctly as I was using this function quite often. no idea what changed, tried loading an old backup but no change, tried old PLC code as well but still the same
  • CRom11
    Options
    Thanks,

no multitasking, and not checking the task status...

Will need to check the system inputs, what gets me is that it was working before..
  • Janno
    Options
    hey,

before you do a start at main command there are a few things that must be correct

all your safety items must be correct (GS,AS,SS,ES)
    the runchain must be correct

and the motors must be on

if you have a mulittasking system then you might want to consider making a small function where the safety is questioned.
    and then the motors on command is given
    and then the start at main command