RobotStudio event

Balluff I/O Link, Device Net

Options
Has anyone ever used Balluff I/O link with Device Net.  I am trying to configure 3 of the ports for I/O link and am having issues.  I can get 1 of the ports (port 2, channel 1) to come on but cant get the other 2 to light up. 

Comments

• svoldgaard
    Options
    I'm working with one also. But I can only get the normal I/O to work.
    How did you get the I/O link to work on 1 port?

• Rookie
    Options
    Yeah, but i configured the unit whit RSlogix for devicenet. then i had it working. You have a few setups for these units, which you can modify. You should be able to use the standard configuration, but then you need the standard IO settings. You can request these from balluff. 

Hope this helps. 
  • Keke
    Options

Here is a help document from Balluff for configuring their IO-link master module (DN) on IRC5 in case some of you are still having problems with the module. Anyway you need to configure ports as IO-Link ports using DN Commands. Balluff manual explains them more thoroughly but I found it useful to just follow this example document.

BR, Keijo

• Keke
    Options

Here is a help document from Balluff for configuring their IO-link master module (DN) on IRC5 in case some of you are still having problems with the module. Anyway you need to configure ports as IO-Link ports using DN Commands. Balluff manual explains them more thoroughly but I found it useful to just follow this example document.

BR, Keijo