RobotStudio event

How to program the self-created robot?

Options
Hello everybody:

I want to create a robot from the tab :modeling-create mechanism-Create robot.  when I finished, I can jog the robot,but how can I program it?  Thanks

Comments

• ko414du4
    Options
    Hi Jerry,

Sounds like you're re-inventing the wheel my friend. However, I think you can do this via Smart Components. Having said this, it's only going to be signals that makes the mechanism/robot to move. If you are so eager to program the way ABB do it for their robots, you might then want to have a look at the PC SDK or RobotStudio SDK. But again, I think it's going to be super complicated, if not impossible. Plus, it's re-inventing the wheel.. :)
  • jerry-licao
    Options
    ko414du4 said:
    Hi Jerry,

Sounds like you're re-inventing the wheel my friend. However, I think you can do this via Smart Components. Having said this, it's only going to be signals that makes the mechanism/robot to move. If you are so eager to program the way ABB do it for their robots, you might then want to have a look at the PC SDK or RobotStudio SDK. But again, I think it's going to be super complicated, if not impossible. Plus, it's re-inventing the wheel.. :)

hello ko414du4:

Thanks very much for your suggestion ,I could do it via the smart  component and the robot can run from one position to another ,but can not move linerly like ABB robot .what i want is to program it like ABB standard robot, using MoveL/MoveJ instruction . 
               Maybe I will study the SDK for some information ,Thanks .  
  • Adnan
    Options

Hi,

What you need is Stand Alone controller here is manual:

http://search.abb.com/library/Download.aspx?DocumentID=3HAC051016-001&LanguageCode=en&DocumentPartId=&Action=Launch

Create mechanism, create a system with a stand alone controller where you define what kinematic model you have created(very important), modify MOC.cfg according to your model so the controller knows whar robot/machine it is.

/Adnan

• jerry-licao
    Options
    Adnan said:

Hi,

What you need is Stand Alone controller here is manual:

http://search.abb.com/library/Download.aspx?DocumentID=3HAC051016-001&LanguageCode=en&DocumentPartId=&Action=Launch

Create mechanism, create a system with a stand alone controller where you define what kinematic model you have created(very important), modify MOC.cfg according to your model so the controller knows whar robot/machine it is.

/Adnan

Oh Thanks very much...You showed me a way.