RobotStudio event

Dispense Ware - missing I/O configuration and DPUSER

Options
Hello,

I recently noticed a problem with my virtual controller regarding the Dispense application. I have 2 controllers in my station, one which was included from the start and the second which was added later. For the first system, Dispenseware was installed during the system creation and has no problems. DPUSER appears in the "HOME" tab and the corresponding signals were added to the I/O configuration. 

My problem is with the second system: Dispenseware was added later and then after an I-start, there is no DPUSER module under "Home" and the I/O signals were not created. I installed both "641-1 Dispense" and "901-1 DispensePac Support" on a system running RobotWare 6.05. Initially this system was created with RobotWare 6.04 and then upgraded before installing Dispense. 

Does anyone know a possible cause for this inconsistency? I'm sure it has something to do with the installation of the system, but I'm pretty new to Robotstudio so any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

-Jay 

Best Answer

Answers

• jay_c
    Options
    Thanks for your input! The system is now configured correctly.

What ended up working was selecting "change options" after right-clicking the system in the virtual controller, selecting the Dispenseware and DispPac support before resetting the system. Initially I was modifying the  system using the Installation Manager. Not sure what the difference between the change option vs. modify installation method actually is, but it's working now!