RobotStudio event

Using ''one click connect'' within simulated environment

Options
Hello! 

So I have recently started working on the ABB RobotStudio after a few years working with other simulation software and must say it is fantastic although finding out how to do certain things still seems to be quite mystifying. 

I have currently setup a cell (Step file imported into RS) with a virtual IRB 6700-245/3.0 into a specific position. 
Now I would like to be able to connect to the real controller through ''one click connect'' where it would be driving the virtual robot within the cell (Real controller + Virtual robot).

Every time I use the ''one click connect'' function it will instantly connect to the controller, allowing for basic functions like the Rapid editor etc where the only way to visualise the setup is through the ''online monitor'' which doesn't seem to allow any of the cell to be generated or the robot to be repositioned. 

I've looked through as much documentation and tutorials I could find not really being able to find any information on the subject.

Maybe if anyone would have any resource to look at or suggestions on how to do this. 

Kind regards,
David

Comments

• Hi David,

It is not possible to connect real robot to a virtual cell. The alternative is to use "Go Offline" to create a virtual copy of the controller.

Regards,
    Johannes
    Johannes Weiman
    Software Engineer
    RobotStudio Team, ABB Robotics