RobotStudio event

Problems packing a Robot Studio Add-In

Options
Hi guys,

I justed started to create add-ins for Robot Studio.
For my first add-in (in C#) I'm trying to create an add-in that converts coordinates from CSV to rob targets.
Everthing works fine when I test it from Visual Studio, but I can't get it to work on another pc however.

I followed all the steps from "Packing an Add-In" (http://developercenter.robotstudio.com/robotstudio/api_reference).

1. I have a folder called "RobTargetCreatorCSV"
2. In the folder are the folders "Documentation", "Information", "Robotstudio", manifest.xml and thumbnail.png.
3. In the robotstudio is an folder Add-In that contains the created dll file and rsaddin file.
4. I zipped the complete folder and changed the extension to .rsaddin

Running the add-in on another computer results in the following error:

RobotStudio
.NET exception: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

============================================

Base
exception: XmlException

Data
at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean
preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at RobotStudio.ExtensionManagement.AddinManager.TryAddRsAddin(String
rsaddinPath)

My manifest file looks like the example file.

Maybe the problem could be in the rsaddin file from the robotstudio/add-in folder.
I changed the path to the location of the add-in, but I'm not sure that is necessary? The path is:

<Path>c:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotStudio 6.05\Bin\Addins</Path>

The complete rsaddin file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><br><RobotStudioAddIn xmlns="urn:abb-robotics-robotstudio-addin"<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; xsi:schemaLocation="urn:abb-robotics-robotstudio-addin file:///C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\ABB%20Industrial%20IT\Robotics%20IT\SDK\RobotStudio%20SDK%206.05\RobotStudioAddin.xsd"<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; autoLoad="false"><br><br>&nbsp; <!-- Make sure the ApplicationId is unique --><br>&nbsp; <ApplicationId>com.mycompany.RobTargetCreatorCSV</ApplicationId><br>&nbsp; <!--DisplayName>RobTargetCreatorCSV</DisplayName--><br>&nbsp; <!--DisplayVersion>1.0.0.1</DisplayVersion--><br>&nbsp; <!--Description>RobTargetCreatorCSV description</Description--><br>&nbsp; <br>&nbsp; <AddInType>General</AddInType><br><br>&nbsp; <Assembly><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FileName>RobTargetCreatorCSV.dll</FileName><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <!-- In a production scenario, change Path to the directory where your add-in is installed --><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <Path>c:\Program Files (x86)\ABB Industrial IT\Robotics IT\RobotStudio 6.05\Bin\Addins</Path><br>&nbsp; </Assembly><br><br>&nbsp; <!-- By default, the minimum host version is equal to the SDK version --><br>&nbsp; <!-- You can change this if your add-in supports older RobotStudio versions --><br>&nbsp; <MinimumHostVersion>6.05</MinimumHostVersion><br>&nbsp; <Dependencies>Station</Dependencies><br>&nbsp; <!-- Change Platform to x86 if your add-in uses any native x86 components --><br>&nbsp; <Platform>Any</Platform><br><br></RobotStudioAddIn><br>

In my plugin I also added an image to a button. Do I need to place that image somewhere in the folder structure before packing the add-in?

What steps am I missing here? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

cheers,

Wessel