Update for Windows 7 SP1 may cause problems for the RAPID Editor of RobotStudio
An update to Windows 7 recently distributed by Microsoft causes the RAPID Editor to fail (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055002/description-of-the-security-and-quality-rollup-for-the-net-framework-4). This is a general problem that causes issues for several softwares, see e.g. http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/ for more information about the editor component that RobotStudio use. Microsoft specifies a number of workarounds in the link https://github.com/dotnet/announcements/issues/53. One of them is a variation of Method 3 below:
Workaround 3 - Replace GlobalUserInterface.CompositeFont
Replace corrupted font file with correct version.
- Download GlobalUserInterface.CompositeFont (default download for Windows 7 is %USERPROFILE%\Downloads).
- Copy and paste the GlobalUserInterface.Composite file through Windows Explorer to %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\WPF\Fonts.
- Copy and paste the GlobalUserInterface.Composite file through Windows Explorer to %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\WPF\Fonts.
- Re-launch RobotStudio.
- Reboot machine and re-launch application if you still have trouble.
Our RnD team has been able to recreate the problem and the investigation shows that the problem affect users of the following software
* Windows 7 SP1
* .NET Framework 4.7.1
* Windows Update (KB4055002 and/or KB4055532)
* RobotStudio 6.xx (any version)
RobotStudio 6.06.01 SP1 (and earlier versions) is using .NET Framework 4.6.1 (or earlier versions) which means the problem is limited to users that have installed .NET Framework 4.7.1 for some other reason. One reason might be that a pre-release version of RobotStudio 6.07 is installed, and another reason might be that .NET Framework 4.7.1 has been installed by some other application.
Post edited by Henrik Berlin on