RobotStudio event

Target Alignment and Path Offset

Options

Hi

I need some guidance in creating paths in Robot Studio.
I am pretty new to offline programming but not rapid-programming in general.

I am programming a 6620 robot equipped with a Force Control 2500 sensor and spindle
with a brush to polish the inside of stainless steel products with a constant force. 

What I'm trying to do is create a path using AutoPath and a CAD-geometry.
So far so good, but I also need the targets in the path to be aligned in a certain way
to prevent the robot tool to rotate around the Z-axis. The targets should be perpendicular to
the surface they are created from, so that the robot tool is always aligned towards the surface
of the product. See images below:

I know this is possible by manually selecting the target and choosing "Set normal to surface" and then
selecting the surface and axis direction, but this is tedious and not very efficient when you have a  large
number of targets. This should be an option before even creating the path, in the AutoPath window.
To select which axis should align to the surface and which should be locked. So is there an automatic
or even semi-automatic way to accomplish this, without having to manually align each target?

I also need to offset the path from the surface it was created from to compensate for the tool diameter.
When I do this using path->tool compensation I get these weird corners, since it offsets the paths from
the current targets, when some targets would actually need to be deleted in order to avoid this problem.

Is there a workaround for this problem? Since the offset needs to be in the paths Y-direction, neither
Offs nor RelTool will work. The physical robot system has the Path Offset option installed but the argument
\Corr is not allowed to use in combination with the Force Control instructions FCPressL that will be used
for this application.

Regards, Axel Bäckman
Stjernberg Automation