RobotStudio event

Can I force the speed limit to 25% when switching to manual

I would lige to force the speed limit to 25%, when I switch, from auto to manual
Is that possible?

Best Answers

Answers

• hmm could work. but the operator needs to be able to change the speed back to 100% in manual mode. And not sure if the robot has multitask (it is one of my clients robots).

• soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Are you hoping to slow programmed motion run in manual mode and/or manual jogging?
  • Just the program, but I think, that it will be okay, if the jogging is also reduced. Ass long at it is possible to easily changes it back to 100%
  • Thanks for the answer Soup.
    Now my client tells me, that he wantes to reduce the jogging speed only. Any Idea for that?
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Less than the default 250mm/s? For a good reason?
  • He said, that the operators, can not handle the speed. Apparently they are crashing the robot into what is around it. 
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    The only way I know of doing that for both program execution and jogging would to write to the system parameter:

WriteCfgData "/MOC/MOTION_PLANNER/motion_planner_1","teach_mode_max_speed",0.01;

Not quite 25%, but it is as low as it goes.  Not sure if it would require the warm start either.  The other tricky part is how and when to override that setting if, say for instance, it is the programmer, not operator jogging and running the program.

Lee Justice
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    Oops!  0.0625.  Is 25%
    Lee Justice
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    @lemster68 - Agree, it's too bad it's not easy to switch that config setting on / off...
  • lemster68
    lemster68 ✭✭✭
    I tested writing the config data today in RS, it required a restart to take effect.  I also noticed that one of your more recent posts you said jogging only.  Are you aware that you can tap on the quickset button, go to jogging from there, click on show details, and then you can reduce your jog speed.
    Lee Justice
  • Yes, but the request from my costumer is, that the robot will do it, by default, when switching from auto to Manuel.
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    @svoldgaard ...but the operator needs to be able to change the speed back to 100% in manual mode...

@svoldgaard ...Ass long at it is possible to easily changes it back to 100%...
    1. knowing how to edit system config
    2. editing the speed setting to 100%
    3. restarting the system
      (jog at 100%)
    4. remembering to set the speed back to 25%
    5. editing the setting back to 25%
    6. restarting the system
      is hardly easy enough for an operator that can't handle 250mm/sec jog speed?
    Incremental Movement settings on the pendant may not be exactly what the customer is asking for, but it is designed to aid in more precise jogging...