RobotStudio event

simulate Waiting for machine

Options
Hello,

I'm trying to create station logic so that I can simulate that a machine takes x sec to prosess the part before it is possible for the robot to empty the machine and load a new part. 

Now I have one signal (DO_MachineLoaded) output from the robot telling the machine it is loaded. Then in statio logic I have a timer that starts on this same signal (DO_MachineLoaded). The timer I use is the deafult timer component. I have set the timer output to a signal (DI_MachineDone) that tells the robot it can go in to the machine an load a new part. I have set Start Time to 0 s, Interval to Machine cycle time. When the interval time is reached I expect the output to be 1 but the signal connected to the timer output does not change. how is the timer supposed to work?

Any other suggestions on how to simulate machine time in station logic?

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,
    Start Time is your machine cycle time.
    Set Interval to setup how many time the signal stay at one.
    That's what I understood from description.
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    I confirm that there is a bug.
    The output never change.
  • soup
    soup ✭✭✭
    Options
    To simulate timing: Could you just cross-connect DI_MachineDone to be high anytime NOT DO_MachineLoaded, then PulseDO DO_MachineLoaded for 2 seconds? Then after that 2 second pulse, DI_MachineDone would go high. ...as long as DI_MachineDone is not checked prior to the operation and would be okay for it to be high at that time too.

• Einevik
    Options
    Thank you. that got the output from the timer to work but I still can't set robot signals from the station logic.

Only way I can find is if I have the robot as an object in station logic and connect station logic input signal to robot input signal. But I dont seem to be able to set robot signals from other objects in the station logic.

What is the right way to set robot signals from smart components in station Logic?
  • DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭
    Options
    Only if I set signal connected to Output to one, it reset it after interval.
  • Einevik
    Options
    DenisFR said:
    Only if I set signal connected to Output to one, it reset it after interval.
    Same when I try. if the signal is True when the puls comes from the timer it reset the signal. Mabie I can use that... thanks!
  • Einevik
    Options
    Looks like the Output from the timer is inverted when connected to a signal. When I put a NOT gate in between it reacts as expected.