RobotStudio event

CONVEYOR MECHANISM - PART QUEUE AND PICK & PLACE

Options
Naveen_Gurijala
edited June 2018 in RobotStudio
Hi Guys,

Project Description:

I had a system with conveyor which has a robot at each end, that is 2 robots for a single conveyor (One on the input side & the other on the output side). The Input robot picks part (Imagine the part size is 600 * 300 * 400 mm size in average and has about 10+ variants and size may changes for that, given here is the mean value of all) from a pallet and places on the conveyor and output robot picks part from conveyor and places on a moving carrier (Moving carrier means a mechanism where some jig like profiles are interlinked over a chain and continuously moves at a constant speed in loop, where parts are taken in to a heat treatment room for processing).
For this I want to show animation work of pick and place and moving carrier mechanism also the movement of parts on the conveyor. The main challenge I'm facing is the time of pick & place is not same.

Challenges:

1.The Input Robot when places a part on the conveyor it has to move to the other end and stop for the output robot to pick. If the output robot was delayed to pick part from the conveyor the the parts in the conveyor has to get queued one after one and the conveyor has a buffer of 10 parts. How can i show this buffer? and moment of every single part (I had already tried with basic queue where I can show for one part, with the same I can try out for some 10 parts but I have a volume of 500+ parts where creating queue is not possible for each and also the time for Input robot picking is not constant to show it at equal intervals).

2. The moving carrier at the output side has to handle multiple carriers depending on the variants (Depending the variant, the number of parts fit carrier will vary for example X-variant, 5 parts can be accommodated and the Y-variant can get accommodated only 2 etc.). How I can show the movement of different carriers ???.
I had used a conveyor mechanism and in this case I can make to move only one variant carrier. Incase if i had to create each carrier a conveyor mechanism how they can be synchronized one after the other.

Any help will be appreciable and would help me a great deal.

Thanks & regards,
Gurijala Naveen Kumar,
Ph: 07731872500.