RobotStudio event

System installation problem on IRB 2400L

Options
Hello, everybody!
I am having a problem with an ABB IRB 2400L robot (S4C controller), which I am trying revive after a long shutdown/storage period and a possible power surge damage to the controller that that preceded the shutdown.

Earlier, I was able to resolve an issue with the memory board on this controller: it would not pass the start-up test and it a red indicator on, so I replaced it. Now, the computer passes the start-up test, and boots to the system installation dialogue. The memory was cleared since the control cabinet had been sitting unplugged for a couple of years. 

I have two sets of installation disks of the system v 3.0 (it is a M97A model, if I remember correctly). I have tried installing the system from both sets but I could not get through the installation process, and it goes as follows: (1) key disk; (2) disk 1; (3) disk 4; (4) disk 5, and then it restarts and gets back to that “insert key disk” prompt. No error codes or freezing, simply reboots, and starts over. It skips disks 2 and 3, and never gets past 5.

It never asked me about installation options, although I have seen that on another S4C controller for IRB 1400 that I was working on earlier. 

The red indicator light comes on in the main computer board during the installation process (and it is blinking like there is some activity going on). I suspect that the main computer is also bad and needs to be replaced. Am I right? Has anybody ever encountered a similar problem? 

I have got an opinion (at another forum) that it might be a software issue - wrong set of disks or corrupted disks. 

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks!