RobotStudio event

ABB PCSDK issue when working with Siemens PLC's

Options
Hello,

We are working on creating an C# ABB driver for our control system software but have run into a problem. If the computer that is running the PCSDK has already established a connection to a Siemens PLC (any kind of profinet connection, even to a PLCSIM) The ABB PCSDK does not connect to the controller.

In older versions of the PCSDK(say 5.61) the code just gets stuck at creating an instance of the controller, e,g, Controller robot = new Controller("GUID") or any overloaded method of creating a controller. On the latest version (say 6.07) it now breaks, giving a controller timeout error but ABB studio is still able to connect to the controller. This also occurs on physical and virtual controllers. 

I suspected that the Siemens connection and PCSDK maybe using the same port but this is not the case. 

Also note that the Siemens connection works if the ABB connection is already established but no communications from the PCSDK come through once this happens. 

I now suspect they share some kind of windows service but I cannot track this down. As the timeout error is not descriptive enough.

If some could please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.

Thomas