RobotStudio event

DNet 709-1

hello to all...
in IRC5 for communication there is only DeviceNet 709-1 Master/Slave card. I want to control IRC5 as slave to PLC S7-1200. For prfinet to Devicenet i use anybus gateway.
when i configure gateway with Gateway as a Slave to IRC5 (byte size 20) it starts communication with Gateway but when i want to take IRC5 as a Slave and configure it as slave with polled connection and RX/TX size 20 bytes, it gives an error,
(Device failed to Initialize, timeout ).
is there some issue with 709-1 Card , it can only behave as a master or can be configured as slave.
any help plzzzz i have tried soo many times using DN-Slave also (just change vendor id and code in DN-Slave ) also add a new unit type HMS-Gateway and link it to new unit but nothing works for me...
any help from ABB plz. i don't know why the bit in plc not communicating to IRC5... :(

Comments

• DenisFR
    DenisFR ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Is your gateway a master on DeviceNet?
    Generally PLC is master on PN and Irc5 master on DeviceNet. The gateway is slave for the two.
  • PLC is master on Profinet 
    Gateway is Profinet IO Slave to DeviceNet Master 
    IRC5 is master on Devicenet but as per manual it can be Slave also to an External Master (Gateway DeviceNet side).
    DeviceNet card is 709-1 Master/Slave Scanner.
  • IRC5 709-1 can be slave also for devicenet master but can the gateway be a master??
    As per my understanding gateways are slave to both masters like PN/PN & DP/DP coupler.

if gateway can be a devicenet master then u need to load eds file of irc5 and configure in gateway